What Puts Perth Singles off!

By 3 March, 2014 January 14th, 2016 Blog
what puts Perth Singles Off

We have all heard the cliché that you only get one chance to make a first impression. It may be a cliché but it is true! First impressions are powerful and long lasting so it is important that you make a good one.

Dare2Date recently conducted a survey of Perth singles and asked what instantly puts them off members of the opposite sex. As of 1/3/14 this is what they said:

Smokes 63%
Hasn’t dealt with their issues 57%  
Doesn’t look after themselves 74%
Personality 41%
Desperate/neediness 66%
Financial position 15% 
Overweight 46%
Body odour 81%
Bad Breath 80%
Bad Teeth 78%
How they dress 38%

It is interesting that most of these things can be easily changed.

  1. 63% of Perth singles would not date someone who smokes – this only leaves 37% of singles to chose from! Why narrow your odds by that much? Besides smoking is bad for your health and ages you.
  2. 57% of singles are put off someone who hasn’t dealt with their issues. There is nothing worse then going out with someone who is not over an ex or is scared of getting hurt again. If this is you, work on resolving the baggage you carry around from your past. Baggage is really a collection of unpleasant memories from the past that continue to affect your current behaviour. It is worth seeing a counsellor, life coach or NLP practitioner to help resolve your baggage and enable you to create the life you want.
  3. 74% of Perth singles are put off by people who don’t look after themselves. So make sure you get enough sleep, you eat healthy foods and exercise regularly.
  4. Neediness/desperateness puts off 66% of Perth singles. Believe it or not singles can smell desperation from a mile away. So work on yourself and make sure you are happy with your life. Meeting the right person should not be a desperate need but a joy.
  5. 46% of singles are put off by an overweight person. Don’t let this worry you too much as 54% don’t mind. If you aren’t happy with how you look you can fix this  by a healthy change of diet and an exercise program.
  6. 81% of singles were instantly put off by body odour. Easy fixed – shower and wear deodorant. There is no excuse these days for BO. Also a quality aftershave or perfume is worthwhile as long as you don’t drown yourself in it.
  7. 78% of Perth singles were instantly put off by bad teeth. If you are going to invest in your appearance start by spending your money on a good dentist to fix your teeth. This is so important and  many other surveys support these findings. It is the best investment you will make – no-one finds rotten, yellow teeth attractive.
  8. 78% are put off by bad breath – if you use  mouth wash and brush your teeth you can avoid bad breath. Mints and chewing gum are good to carry around, especially if you are a smoker. Smokers breath does not create a great first impression. If you have continual bad breath and have good hygiene it may be worth visiting the doctor as it can be a symptom of health problems.
  9. Almost 38% of Perth singles are instantly put off by what you wear. Clothing does not have to be expensive to look good but it should be well fitted. I would recommend you get the opinion of someone from the opposite sex about how you dress. It can be too easy to fall into the trap of thinking we look great when we don’t. Women are often guilty of dressing to appeal to other women rather than appealing to a guy. Men on the other hand can be guilty of wearing what used to look good on them. Guys throw away the old man jeans and don’t tuck the casual shirt in. Girls avoid looking wearing ‘slutty’ clothing and too much make up. Oh and avoid scuffed/worn shoes, they don’t create a great impression.
What Singles Really Think

Download My Free Guide For Singles

Add your email address here so that I can send you the download link.

You have Successfully Subscribed!