In the past I have been guilty of staying with guys I knew were wrong for me. My gut feeling told me they were wrong and I couldn’t imagine being with them long term, yet I kept dating them. Now I know for a fact I am not alone in doing this.
Now the problem with wasting time with the wrong guy is you are unavailable for the right guy! Now you may think you can still look while continuing to see him but you send out different vibes and are not really available.
So why do we do it?
- We often guilty of thinking something is better than nothing. It is nice to have male company and there is nothing better than cuddles.
- You have invested time and effort into the relationship and don’t want to start all over again. Women in 2 or 3rd relationships often don’t want to fail again.
- Think things will get better and you can change the man. It was good once and it can be again. But remember you can never change a man.
- Fear of being alone! Women can be guilty of finding it easier to stay in a poor relationship than be alone.
- Low self-esteem. You believe this is all you deserve.
- Think you are part of the problem. You think if only try harder and changed ……things would work.
- You don’t know how to have a healthy relationship. All the women you grew up with were in bad relationships and you have never seen a good relationship so you don’t know how it looks or works.
- Don’t want to hurt the guy.
- Don’t want to give up on the dream. Being in a relationship is what you have always wanted and what you have striven for. You don’t want to give it up.
By Debbie Rivers